MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT
- CHANGES TO AGREEMENT
ALTURA RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CHANGE THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME UPON NOTICE TO YOU, TO BE DELIVERED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT OR THE NEXT TIME YOU LOG ON TO THE APPLICATION OR PORTAL. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO REVIEW ANY SUCH CHANGES. By not terminating your account within fourteen (14) days after receiving such notice of changes, you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the changes.
BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND ARE OTHERWISE LEGALLY QUALIFIED TO ENTER INTO AND FORM CONTRACTS UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. This Agreement is void where prohibited.
Subject to Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Altura grants You a non-exclusive, non-sublicensable, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Services through the Portal or by downloading and installing our Applications. The Services, including the Portal and the Applications, or any portion thereof, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Altura. Except as expressly set forth herein, this Agreement grants You no rights in or to the intellectual property of Altura or any other party. For Applications that you downloaded and use through a third party application store (“App Store”), the license granted in this section to use the Applications is limited to the use of the Applications on any device that You own or control, as permitted by any usage rules set forth by the App Store. The license granted in this section is conditioned on Your compliance with the terms and conditions of this Agreement. In the event that You breach any provision of this Agreement, Your rights under this section will immediately terminate.
- THE SERVICE DOES NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE; NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP
Altura provides the Services for informational purposes only. THE SERVICES DO NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, MEDICAL ADVICE OR OPINION. Altura is not a medical professional, and Altura does not provide medical services or render medical advice. The Services are not a substitute for the advice of a medical professional, and the information made available on or through the Services should not be relied upon when making medical decisions, or to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition. If you require medical advice or services, You should consult a medical professional. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES DOES NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND ALTURA OR ANY OTHER MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS WITH WHOM YOU MAY INTERACT THROUGH THE SERVICES.
You acknowledge that some Services and studies are provided to You on a non-exclusive basis. You also acknowledge that You have obtained the necessary authorization(s) and consent(s) from your patient(s) to disclose any health or medical information that you provide through the Portal or the Applications and that You and Your office are in strict compliance with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (e.g., in the United States, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and its implementing regulations.
- RELIANCE ON THIRD-PARTY CONTENT
Opinions, advice, statements, or other information made available by means of the Services by third parties, are those of their respective providers, and should not necessarily be relied on. Such authors are solely responsible for such content. ALTURA DOES NOT: (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY THIRD-PARTY INFORMATION ON THE SERVICE; OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT MADE BY A THIRD-PARTY BY MEANS OF THE SERVICES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ALTURA BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED ON THE SERVICES OR TRANSMITTED TO OR BY ANY THIRD-PARTY. You also understand that by accessing and using the Services, You may encounter information, materials and subject matter that You or others may deem offensive, indecent, or objectionable. You agree to use the Services at Your sole risk and that Altura and its affiliates, partners, suppliers and licensors shall have no liability to You for information, material or subject matter that is found to be offensive, indecent, or objectionable.
- RISK ASSUMPTION
YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES. YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY ALTURA AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS, AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR LOSSES FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF SERVICES OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
- USER INFORMATION; PASSWORD PROTECTION
- INFORMATION PROVIDED BY USERS
ALTURA DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE CURRENCY OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS OF THE SERVICES, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY TO YOU BASED ON YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OTHER USERS TO THE SERVICES.
- THIRD-PARTY SERVICES
- YOUR CONTENT
“Your Content” is any content, materials or information (e.g., any text, information, photos, images, video, and other content and material, including information about Your patients) that You upload or post to, or transmit, display, perform or distribute by means of, the Services, whether in connection with Your use of Portal, Applications, or through the use of any Third Party Services or otherwise. You represent and warrant that, when using the Portal, Applications and Services, You will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Portal and Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES. YOUR BEAR THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT YOUR CONTENT DOES NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
You acknowledge and agree that the Applications, Portal and Services and all intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Altura. Furthermore, You acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Applications or Portal and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Applications or Portal are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Altura and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly stated in this Agreement, You are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Applications or Portal by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Applications or Portal not expressly granted in this Agreement are hereby reserved and retained by Altura.
The Applications or Portal may utilize or include third party software that is subject to third party license terms (“Third Party Software”). You acknowledge and agree that Your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Applications or Portal is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the third party license applicable to such Third Party Software. In the event of a conflict between the terms of this Agreement and the terms of such third party licenses, the terms of the third party licenses shall control with regard to Your use of the relevant Third Party Software. You and Altura acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the Applications or Portal or Your possession and use of the Applications or Portal infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, the App Store will not be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim.
Altura, Alturastudies.com, HCPstudies.com, Altura2000.com, Alturastrategies.com, HCP Studies, Patient Study Life Cycle, Patient Connect, Study Engagement Platform Results Connect and the Altura logo (collectively, the “Altura Marks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Altura Strategies, LLC. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos and domain names appearing on the Services may be the trademarks of third-parties. Neither Your use of the Services, nor this Agreement, grant You any right, title or interest in or to, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the Altura Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the Altura Marks generated as a result of Your use of the Services will inure to the benefit of Altura Strategies, LLC, and You agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to Altura Strategies, LLC. You shall not at any time, nor shall You assist others to, challenge Altura Strategies, LLC’s right, title, or interest in or to, or the validity of, the Altura Marks.
- Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice
All content and other materials available through the Application, Portal and Services, including without limitation the Altura logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof, are either owned by Altura Strategies, LLC or are the property of Altura’s licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither Your use of the Services nor this Agreement grant You any right, title or interest in or to any such materials.
You and Altura acknowledge that App Store has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Applications.
DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
ALTURA, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE.” TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALTURA, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE PORTAL, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER ALTURA NOR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANTS THAT THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE. IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OF THE APPLICATIONS TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE WARRANTY, YOU MAY NOTIFY THE APP STORES, WHICH MAY REFUND THE PURCHASE PRICE FOR THE APPLICATION; TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE APP STORES WILL HAVE NO OTHER WARRANTY OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE APPLICATION.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE; BACKUP OF DATA
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. YOU WILL NOT HOLD ALTURA OR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, AS APPLICABLE, RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE TO ANY OF YOUR COMPUTERS OR DATA. THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES MAY CONTAIN BUGS, ERRORS, PROBLEMS OR OTHER LIMITATIONS.
IMPORTANTLY, YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT A CATASTROPHIC SERVER FAILURE OR OTHER EVENT COULD RESULT IN THE LOSS OF ALL OF THE DATA RELATED TO YOUR ACCOUNT. YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BACKUP YOUR DATA TO YOUR PERSONAL COMPUTER OR EXTERNAL STORAGE DEVICE AND TO ENSURE SUCH BACKUPS ARE SECURE.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
THE LIABILITY OF ALTURA AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL ALTURA OR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS OR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, LOST DATA OR CONFIDENTIAL OR OTHER INFORMATION, LOSS OF PRIVACY, COSTS OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, FAILURE TO MEET ANY DUTY INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION OF GOOD FAITH OR OF REASONABLE CARE, NEGLIGENCE, OR OTHERWISE, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES OR OF ANY ADVICE OR NOTICE GIVEN TO ALTURA OR ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS OR SERVICES. THIS LIMITATION SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY OR FORM OF ACTION. ADDITIONALLY, THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF ALTURA AND ITS THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BE $50.00. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN ALTURA AND YOU. THE PORTAL, APPLICATIONS AND SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS. YOU AND ALTURA ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE APP STORE IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ADDRESSING ANY CLAIMS BY YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO THE APPLICATIONS OR YOUR POSSESSION AND/OR USE OF THE APPLICATIONS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (I) PRODUCT LIABILITY CLAIMS; (II) ANY CLAIM THAT THE APPLICATIONS FAIL TO CONFORM TO ANY APPLICABLE LEGAL OR REGULATORY REQUIREMENT; AND (III) CLAIMS ARISING UNDER CONSUMER PROTECTION OR SIMILAR LEGISLATION.
THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS DO NOT IN ANY WAY LIMIT ANY OTHER DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES OR ANY OTHER LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IN THIS AGREEMENT, ANY OTHER AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND ALTURA OR BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF ALTURA’S THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. UNLESS LIMITED OR MODIFIED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS SHALL APPLY TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED, EVEN IF ANY REMEDY FAILS ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. ALTURA’S THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS ARE INTENDED THIRD-PARTY BENEFICIARIES OF THESE DISCLAIMERS, WAIVERS AND LIMITATIONS. NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SERVICES OR OTHERWISE SHALL ALTER ANY OF THE DISCLAIMERS OR LIMITATIONS STATED IN THIS SECTION.
YOUR REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES
You represent and warrant that Your use of the Portal, Applications and Services will be in accordance with this Agreement and any other applicable Altura policies and guidelines, and with any applicable laws or regulations. You further represent and warrant that You are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) You are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
INDEMNITY BY YOU
Without limiting any indemnification provision of this Agreement, You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Altura and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, sublicensees, successors, assigns, and Third-Party Service Providers (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands, causes of action and other proceedings (collectively, “Claims”), including but not limited to legal costs and fees, arising out of or relating to: (i) Your breach of this Agreement, including without limitation any representation or warranty contained in this Agreement; (ii) Your access to or use of the Portal, Applications or Services; (iii) Your provision to Altura or any of the Indemnified Parties of information or other data; (iv) Your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation; or (v) Your violation or alleged violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
The Indemnified Parties will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by You of any Claim as to which You are required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Indemnified Parties. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION AND VENUE
This Agreement, including without limitation this Agreement’s interpretation, shall be treated as though this Agreement were executed and performed in Orange County, California and shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to its conflict of law principles. ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN ABOVE, EXCEPT TO THE EXTENT THAT SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW A ONE-YEAR LIMITATION, IN WHICH CASE THE TIME PERIOD IN WHICH YOU MAY BRING A CAUSE OF ACTION WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. The language in this Agreement shall be interpreted in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party.
- Requirement of Arbitration
- You agree that any dispute, of any nature whatsoever, between You and Altura arising out of or relating to this Agreement, shall be decided by neutral, binding arbitration before a representative of JAMS in Orange County, California (unless You and Altura mutually agree to a different arbitrator), who shall render an award in accordance with the substantive laws of California and JAMS’ Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures. A final judgment or award by the arbitrator may then be duly entered and recorded by the prevailing party in the appropriate court as final judgment. The arbitrator shall award costs (including, without limitation, the JAMS’ fee and reasonable attorney’s fees) to the prevailing party.
- Remedies in Aid of Arbitration; Equitable Relief
- This agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Altura from seeking provisional remedies in aid of arbitration, including without limitation orders to stay a court action, compel arbitration or confirm an arbitral award, from a court of competent jurisdiction. Furthermore, this agreement to arbitrate will not preclude You or Altura from applying to a court of competent jurisdiction for a temporary restraining order, preliminary injunction, or other interim or conservatory relief, as necessary. THE PROPER VENUE FOR ANY ACTION PERMITTED UNDER THIS SUBSECTION REGARDING “EQUITABLE RELIEF” WILL BE THE FEDERAL AND STATE COURTS LOCATED IN ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA; THE PARTIES HEREBY WAIVE ANY OBJECTION TO THE VENUE AND PERSONAL JURISDICTION OF SUCH COURTS.
NOTICES AND CONTACT
- Termination; Survival
Either party may terminate this Agreement and its rights hereunder at any time, for any or no reason at all, by providing to the other party notice of its intention to do so in accordance with this Agreement. This Agreement shall automatically terminate in the event that You breach any of this Agreement’s representations, warranties or covenants. Such termination shall be automatic, and shall not require any action by Altura. Upon termination, all rights, licenses and obligations created by this Agreement will terminate, except that Sections 1-4, 6-10, 13-22 will survive any termination of this Agreement.
- Effect of Termination
Any termination of this Agreement automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to You under this Agreement, including all rights to use the Portal, Applications and Services. Subsequent to termination, Altura reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent Your unauthorized use of the Portal, Applications and Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with Your Internet Service Provider.
- Legal Action
If Altura, in Altura’s discretion, takes legal action against You in connection with any actual or suspected breach of this Agreement, Altura will be entitled to recover from You as part of such legal action, and You agree to pay, Altura’s reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The Altura Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to You or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of this Agreement.
All notices required or permitted to be given under this Agreement must be in writing. Altura shall give any notice by email sent to the most recent email address, if any, provided by You to Altura. You agree that any notice received from Altura electronically satisfies any legal requirement that such notice be in writing. YOU BEAR THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF ENSURING THAT YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS ON FILE WITH ALTURA IS ACCURATE AND CURRENT, AND NOTICE TO YOU SHALL BE DEEMED EFFECTIVE UPON THE SENDING BY ALTURA OF AN EMAIL TO THAT ADDRESS. You shall give any notice to Altura by means of: (1) U.S. mail, postage prepaid, to Altura Strategies, LLC, 25950 Acero, Suite 260, Mission Viejo, CA, 92691; or (2) email to: email@example.com. Notice to Altura shall be effective upon receipt of notice by Altura. If You have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to this Agreement, please contact us using the contact information provided in this section.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Altura and You concerning Your use of the Services. This Agreement is concluded between You and Altura only, and not with any App Store. Altura, and not any App Store, is solely responsible for the Applications and the content thereof. Notwithstanding, You and Altura acknowledge and agree that the App Store, and the App Store’s subsidiaries, are third party beneficiaries of this Agreement, and that, upon Your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the App Store will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce this Agreement against You as a third-party beneficiary thereof.This Agreement may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of Altura or by the unilateral amendment of this Agreement by Altura and by the posting by Altura of such amended version. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. Altura may assign or transfer this Agreement at any time, with or without notice to You. This Agreement and all of Your rights and obligations hereunder will not be assignable or transferable by You without the prior written consent of Altura. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns. You and Altura are independent contractors, and no agency, partnership, joint venture or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by this Agreement. Except for the Altura Parties and the Indemnified Parties as and to the extent set forth in this Agreement, and Altura’s licensors and suppliers as and to the extent expressly set forth herein, there are no third-party beneficiaries to this Agreement. You acknowledge and agree that any actual or threatened breach of this Agreement or infringement of proprietary or other third party rights by You would cause irreparable injury to Altura and Altura’s licensors and suppliers, and would therefore entitle Altura or Altura’s licensors or suppliers, as the case may be, to injunctive relief. The headings in this Agreement are for the purpose of convenience only and shall not limit, enlarge, or affect any of the covenants, terms, conditions or provisions of this Agreement.
Where applicable law requires (for instance, in the European Union), Altura is a controller of Your Personal Information when you use the Applications or Portal and Altura is a processor Patient Information where you provide Patient Information to the Applications or Portal, as those terms are defined below.
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
INFORMATION USE AND DISCLOSURE PRACTICES
- Traffic Data. Altura automatically gathers information of the sort that browsers automatically make available, including: (i) IP addresses; (ii) domain servers; (iii) types of computers accessing the Portal and Applications; and (iv) types of Web browsers accessing the Portal (collectively “Traffic Data”).
- Mobile Device Data. When users download, install and use the Applications on their mobile phone or other wireless telecommunications device, Altura automatically gathers information, including without limitation, carrier providers, a unique device identifier, the types of mobile devices accessing the Application, and the types of operating systems accessing the Applications (collectively, “Mobile Device Data”). A unique device identifier is a string of alphanumeric characters (similar to a serial number) used to uniquely identify and distinguish each mobile phone or other wireless communications device. Altura uses Mobile Device Data to understand usage patterns and to improve the Applications. For additional information on Altura’s uses of Mobile Device Data, see the section concerning Information Use and Disclosure Practices/Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, and Mobile Device Data, below.
- Registration Information. You will be asked to provide Altura certain information related to You through your registration and use of the services (“Registration Information”). Registration Information includes, without limitation, contact information such as Your name and email address.
- Under certain data protection and privacy laws, traffic data, Cookies, and Mobile Device Data and Registration Information are considered personal data or personal information (“Your Personal Information”), and where that is the case, we will process Your Personal Information in accordance with applicable laws.
- Patient Information. You have the opportunity to provide information about your patients (“Patient Information”) through the Applications, which at your instruction may be provided to principal investigators, research centers and/or organizations that are implementing certain research studies (“Study Providers”). You are under no obligation to provide Patient Information; however, not providing this information may prevent you from using certain features of the Services. You must only provide Patient Information through the Applications or Portal where the individual patient has consented to the provision of their Patient Information in accordance with applicable law. You are responsible for obtaining the consent of the patient in accordance with applicable law and any specific requirements set out by the Study Provider (e.g., through a particular consent form). Once Patient Information is provided to the Applications or Portals, under certain data protection and privacy laws, the Study Provider is the controller of that Patient Information in the Applications or Portal and Altura is a processor of such data. If the patient has any questions about the use of their Patient Information, you should direct the patient to the Study Provider.
- Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies, & Mobile Device Data.
- Your Personal Information
Your Personal Information that You provide is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile, providing the Portal and/or Applications and related Services to You and Your patients, monitoring and improving the content and usage of the Portal and/or Applications, interacting with the Portal and/or Applications, customizing the content you see, communicating with you about new features and other news, and any other purpose for which the information was collected. We may provide Your Personal Information at your instruction to the Study Providers with whom You request to enroll Your patients. Altura also uses Your Personal Information to send You information about Altura and Altura’s products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Services. Altura uses Your Personal Information (when instructed by You) to connect You with Your friends and other members with whom You want to connect with, according to the preferences set in Your account.
- Other Disclosure Practices
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. Altura may disclose Your Personal Information or Patient Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. Altura discloses Your Personal Information or Patient Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena, court order, or other legal process, or when Altura believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Altura, third-parties or the public at large.
- EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM ALTURA
- In providing the Services, You may receive periodic email communications from Altura regarding the Services, which are part of the Services and which You cannot opt out of receiving. You may also receive periodic promotions and other offers or materials Altura believes might be of interest to You, if you have consented to receive such promotions or otherwise as permitted by law. You can opt-out of receiving these promotional messages at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each message; or (b) changing the messaging preferences in Your account.
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Altura has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices designed to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information and Patient Information. However, despite these efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. In the event that Your Personal Information or Patient Information is compromised as a result of a breach of security, if required by applicable law, Altura will promptly notify You.
- USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You have a right to access, update, rectify, and modify Your Personal Information collected from You through the Services. You also have a right to oppose, for legitimate grounds, the processing of Your Personal Information through the Services. Should You oppose the processing of Your Personal Information on legitimate grounds, You understand that You may not be able to use the Services and this may result in reduced functionality of the Services. You may exercise Your rights to access, update, rectify, modify, and oppose the processing of Your Personal Information by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.orgIf You have an account, You can access and modify Your Personal Information through Your account, at any time. If you completely delete all such information You may not be able to access or use the Portal and/or Applications correctly. If You would like Altura to delete Your Personal Information from its database, please contact us at email@example.com with a request that we delete Your Personal Information from its database. Altura will honor Your requests respecting Your Personal Information as required by law; however, Altura may retain an archived copy of Your records as required by law or for other legitimate business purposes (e.g., defense of legal claims).Altura wants Your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. By using the Portal and/or Applications, You represent and warrant that all information You provide on any registration form or otherwise in connection with Your use of the Portal and/or Applications and Services will be complete and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, Your Personal Information, please visit Your personal profile.
- THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES/APPLICATIONS
- INTERNATIONAL USERS
- Contact Information